Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Chapter 4 - Changing it Up Again!

We are now getting the hang of this moving P-day thing.  It's great when her last P-day was just last Thursday and now get to hear from her again today.  Then we have another long wait until Thursday next (15th).  She's doing great, and sent us pictures today!!!  Such as this one from the temple.
Here is her letter, and the rest of the pictures:

Hi everyone! So its the end of week four, for real now... and its time to get all new Latins! Its so exciting when they all come, even though its sad to see the old ones leave! 

TOUR
Ok so we got to go on a tour of Bogota today and it was awesome! We went to Monserrate (I don't know how to spell that) but its very cool and very pretty and very high in the mountains. We took this really cool tram up the mountain, and I kid you not, straight up the mountain...it was crazy. We got to look out over the city of Bogota and its huge! and we didnt even see all of it! I got a lot of cool pictures that Ill try to send! We also went to the souvenir shops and bought stuff and that was way fun too.

ARE WE IN UTAH?
Ok, so there are these beautiful mountains here that remind me of Utah and then one night we had green jello and someone was like...mountains and green jello, are we in Utah? haha I just thought it was funny and I wanted to share.

CONFERENCE
Wow, wasnt conference great!? I loved watching and listening to all the apostles and prophet speak to us..I especially loved it because it was in English!  Jeffrey R. Hollands talk definitely made me cry....I love my mom! and I'm so grateful for her unconditional love! Also, I really liked the talk about ponderizing the scriptures. I think thats such a good idea and Im going to try and do that here on my mission. One thing that he said would happen as you did this was that the scriptures would become like loyal friends you could rely on and I really want that and I believe its true. I just want to challenge you guys to do that..find a scripture, put it in a place where you can see it every day, think about it often, and really ponder the meaning. Try it for just one week and note the change in your lives..I promise that it will make them better and as you do this it will provide a higher place for you thoughts to go, like he said.

WE ARE ONE
Ok, this is not the Provo MTC and its very small here and our district had six people in it and I was like, yes I like this, this is good. Well, the rest of the people I came here on the plane with were in another district and there were 7 of them and that was good too, but last night they combined us into one district so there's like 13 of us and its HUGE...ok you know you're at the Colombia CCM when 13 in your district is huge, but really it feels quite big, but I love it and I love these people. They are all so great and have wonderful testimonies..I couldn't have made it this far without them!




PROSELYTING PART II-WITHOUT HIVES
Ok we went proselyting on Friday and it was so awesome! We went for 3 hours this time instead of 1 and we were around a library and there were so many people to talk to. It was a lot different from the first time we went. We had more confidence and it was fun. Even though we couldn't understand most of what they were saying, we could feel the spirit and I know it was helping us. Its amazing that the spirit works that way and Im so grateful that it does because it really is the true teacher and its helpful because I don't know Spanish. We gave out both of our Books of Mormon and I really like the people we gave them out to. One guy, he was probably in his 20s, seemed really interested and said he was going to go read it. I felt like he was sincere and it filled me with such joy-oh I wish I could follow up with these people! But I know the missionaries in their areas will be able to touch their lives!

Well, I hope you are all having a great week! I love you!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment