Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chapter 6 - I made it to Ecuador!

Ashley left the CCM early Tuesday morning, and was on her way to Ecuador.  At about 5:45am our time, she was allowed to make a short 1 minute phone call to us.  It was so good to hear her voice.  Once she got to the mission home, she only had about 5 minutes to type out a letter to us.  I delayed posting her letter this week because I know that the Mission President's wife posts pictures of the incoming missionaries.  But alas, I guess she's behind on her posting.  So, being super sleuth dad, I logged into Ashley's LDS account and figured out where her first assignment was.  She has been assigned to the Florida Ward in Guayaquil.  We know that she has a Latin companion, and that's about all we know.  That first week in the mission is tough.  We're hoping that we hear from her on Monday (we think Mondays are P-days), and get the whole story of the first week.
Hi, I made it to Ecuador! I only have like 5 minutes to write but I just wanted to let you know that everything is good. We met the mission president and his wife and they are very nice. It is very humid here...because we have lived in Utah for as long as I can remember, all I really know is dry heat and here I can like cut the air with a knife....anyway, I guess its not even the hot part of the year right now, that comes in like January and February or something so this should be fun. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and so I'm really tired right now and I kind of want to take a nap but I stay awake because this is all so new and I just want to take it all in. The CCM was good but I'm so excited to be here now. We stay in temple housing tonight and have some meetings tomorrow and then go to our areas tomorrow afternoon....here I go. Wow! I will write more next week. Love you all and hope you all have a great week!


Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment