Monday, December 14, 2015

Chapter 14 - And Then There Were Two

Hi Everyone,
Hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season! Here I am enjoying the heat (well ok not really, but it's okay) and I also enjoyed our baptism yesterday! We had a baptism yesterday and it was really great. It's my first baptism where I was actually there for all the lessons and saw his transformation unlike the other times where I just swoop in at the end.... 

His name is Harrington and he is super awesome. He has a friend in the ward who just left on a mission two weeks ago and he said that he is his motivation. He said he needed this change in his life and he was so receptive to the gospel. He was so ready to hear our message and accepted everything so quickly. He wants to serve a mission and is just so great. I was even more happy that the YSA welcomed him and included him and he really feels like part of the ward. I really am so blessed to be in this ward and to see the progress of so many of God's children. Also, remember that you can be an example to those around you. Like I said, Harrington's motivation to change was his friend. We have the power and responsibility as members of the Church to teach our friends and family and be examples of our Savior Jesus Christ. Continue to strive to be the example that he would have you be. People notice what you do and say.
Also, my trio is breaking! Hermana Vera is going home on Thursday and I just don't know how I feel about that... 
Hermana Vera y Hermana Roylance
She is such a great missionary and I have learned so so much from her. She is so funny and has the spirit and is really one of my best friends. I am going to miss her so much but I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her. Now Hermana Colachagua and I have to brave it on our own. Hermana Colachagua only has like 2 weeks more than me in the mission so we're just a couple of newbies here in Florida but it's great. She knows so much and I can't wait to see what this week brings.
I am so grateful for the chance to be a missionary and to preach the gospel. I still can't speak Spanish fully and I am learning the ways of missionary work but the Lord really is my shepard and helps me so much. Continue to walk in the paths of righteousness and look to Him in all things! Love you guys!
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!!! Don't mind my crazy hair......it's hot here.... 
 
Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment