Sunday, December 4, 2016

Chapter 63 - The Power of the Fast

11/28/2016
Hey Everyone!

So hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. They obviously don't celebrate that here, but it did cross my mind. I am so thankful for so many things and I don't have time to write them all! Well I just wanted to share an experience that we had this week. This week was so good. We are in a trio and so we did a lot of splits this week...yeah, divide and conquer. Anyway, this week we had a small problem..the family that got baptized last week, the Yagual Figeroa Family, well the mom needed to sign the paper that you need to sign when you get baptized, for herself and her kids and you're supposed to sign it right after the baptismal interview but there was confusion I guess and she didn't sign it. Anyway, so she got baptized (it wasn't till afterwards that we noticed that it wasn't signed) and we had to go get it signed and she was like so cold and was like I don't know why you need my signature and she did not want to sign the paper....ok huge problem... and the thing is is that her husband isn't a member and he was the one that was like, why do they need all this information and signatures (they have had bad experiences in the past with signing papers and stuff so that was not helping us) and anyway long story short, she did not want the paper but the elders form the office were calling us like crazy because they needed it fast and we were like, oh no, what do we do, she does not want to sign this paper. So what did we do? We fasted. and Wow. We fasted that she would open her heart and her husband's as well and also we fasted that the members would help us. Well, all I have to say is ask and ye shall receive because right after we started our fast, we went to the church and we found an hermana and she said she would go talk to her. She went and I don't know what she said, because we didn't go, but she signed the paper...it was like wow, immediate answer. We also saw a lot of other blessings and miracles afterwards and I am so thankful for this experience because it strengthend my testimony about fasting. I always knew why we fasted and why it's important and I knew God would help us and answer our prayers but it has never been so evident in my whole life. I am so grateful to be serving a mission and I'm grateful that the Lord strengthens our testimonies! Anyway I want to testify that fasting really does work. It is like an extra plea to God and if we do it with a sincere heart, He will answer us. It is a sacrifice but it is worth it. I love you all and hope you have the best week!

No comments:

Post a Comment