Monday, January 4, 2016

Chapter 16 - Christmas in the Mission

Family and Friends,

I hope you had a very merry Christmas. 
This Christmas in the mission was so different than any other Christmas I have every experienced. It didn't entirely feel like Christmas because it's hot here and there's no snow but the decorations and Christmas songs helped. Well, Christmas day started out with a sick stomach so that was fun...merry Christmas to me...but it got better throughout the day so it was ok. We have permission on Christmas to watch two Disney movies on Christmas so we watched some movies, ate some food, rested, oh and one of the Hermanas in my house cut my hair..yeah..it was fun. haha Oh and talking with the family the day before was pretty great too!

So this year, like I said, Christmas was different.I really tried to find the spirit of Christ in this Christmas and I feel like I did. On the 23rd we were visiting with one of our investigators and we had a really great lesson and when I think back on the memory it was really special. The house was peaceful and calm and the liting was warm and inviting. I believe this kind of peace and calm was what it was like on the night of the birth of the Savior, which is what we remember at this time of year. The spirit was there and the prayer offered at the end really touched my heart. They live in a humble house as many of the people do here, but in her prayer, our investigator prayed for all those who are less fortunate than her. She said some other things but this really stood out to me. This is what Christmas is about. It is about thinking of others just as our Savior did. It doesn't matter what material things we have or don't have, it's about giving thanks to our Father in Heaven for what we do have and then asking for the well being of others. I am here to serve the Lord and the people of Ecuador by helping them come to a knowledge of the gospel, but that night, Stefania served me. She taught me what Christmas is all about and I am grateful for the experience I had of Christmas in Ecuador. I hope and pray that we can have not just the Spirit of Christmas but the Spirit of Christ with us all year long. Thank you for your prayers and support and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Hermana Roylance


No comments:

Post a Comment