Sunday, February 21, 2016

Chapter 19 - Portoviejo

Hi Everybody!
So this week in Portoviejo has felt really long but has been really great. I think it was long just because it's a new place and I'm getting used to it. There are a lot of great people here in Portoviejo and I am really enjoying it here. It is so different than Guayaquil. Guayaquil is the city and it so busy and there's so much noise and ahhh and I didn't realize that it was like that until I came here. Portoviejo is still a fairly large city but it's not like Guayaquil. It's a lot more calm and "tranquilo." Like, we will be walking in the street and a couple cars will pass but in Guayaquil there were cars and buses passing all day long and I don't know, it's just different, but I like it.
I love working with Hermana Gonzales! It's crazy how much we can learn and grow in one transfer, or a month and a half. We are both a little bit different than how we were before, but it's for the better. She is such a hard worker and that really has impacted me. I needed this. The work is going really well and I love it. We have lots of people that we are teaching and lots of people with baptismal dates: Valentina is 19 and she is really great. She knows these things are true but wants to feel that this really is the right thing for her so we moved her baptismal date to the 13th of February so that she can feel a little better and a little more sure about things but she really is so great. We also have two 9 yr olds Joan and Keyler. Keyler is so cute and has a good testimony. His mom and grandma are less active and so these lessons are helping them as well. Joan, wow, he has a lot of energy and sometimes it's a struggle to teach him....all I have to say is wow, Primary teachers have a lot of patience....haha but he's great. We also have Maron who loves learning about the gospel and is receptive. He had open heart surgery, I don't know when, but he had to go to Guayaquil to do some therapy or something so we couldn't teach him this week but we look forward to teaching him this week. Diana and Maoli are our other baptismal dates. It's a mom and a daughter and they are super special. They have gone through a lot and I haven't been with them for all of their teachings obviously, since I just got here, but I can see they have a real desire to follow Christ. It is so amazing how the gospel can change people. The Atontement is amazing and gives everyone a chance to receive the blessings of the gospel. We are also teaching Narcisa. Her sister and her sister's family are members in the ward and the only struggle is that she kind of lives far away and so it takes time to get there. But it's worth it.
Anyway, that's a little bit about the work here. It really is progressing. I feel like we are really using our time effeciently and are constantly looking for new people to teach. Never forget that our Father in Heaven loves each of His children! Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Roylance

Pictures: These pictures are kind of random but one is from New Years. They all make these things in the form of different cartoons and burn them on new years. The next picture is of me eating a form of ceviche at a member's house on the 24th of December.



No comments:

Post a Comment