Sunday, February 21, 2016

Chapter 22 - Early This Week

Hi everyone,

So yeah, it's Saturday and I'm writing you all because well, last week I forget to tell you that we would be writing today...sorry....It's because we have Carnival. Carnival is like, well I don't really know what it is exactly, all I know is that if you walk in the streets you will get all sorts of things thrown at you. For example, I have heard of them throwing water (and sometimes dirty water), paint, eggs, flour, and yeah. So basically we aren't allowed to leave the house Monday or Tuesday and we have to be in our houses by 6 today and tomorrow. Yay, good times. Sorry I didn't say that earlier.

Anyway, this week we had companion exchanges and it was super good. I learned a lot from Hermana Espinosa (a different Hermana in my zone) and am super grateful for the opportunity to work with her.  Not a ton happened this week, but it was still a good week. We are looking for new investigators and less actives that we can teach and trying hard to work with the members to find these people.

So, we have another baptism this week, today actually! His name is Johan Weiss. He's 9 and is very excited for his baptism. He has a lot of energy and gets distracted easily and so teaching him really taught me patience but I know that deep down he really knows the importance of the gospel, it's just hard sometimes because he is distracted with differnt things. I think we can all relate to this, though. We have things that distract us and sometimes we aren't the most focused, but when everything is said and done and settles down, we have our testimonies. We have a foundation that we can rely on and continually build on. Yesterday, we had a lesson with him and it really was one of the most powerful lessons I've been in on my mission. We watched a Mormon Message called Dayton's Legs. If you haven't watched it, you should, but bring some tissues because it's a tear jerker. Wow, this video was so powerful and the spirit in that lessons was undeniable. Johan, who is usually distracted and fidgetty, almost cried..yeah..a 9 year old. I know he felt the spirit and I know the Spirit was there. He wasn't his usual distracted self, he listened and answered our questions and all I have to say is the spirit works wonders. I am also very grateful for Mormon Messages and all the other resources we have as members of the Church. I invite all of you to have a family home evening this week and watch a Mormon Message and then talk about it, learn from it, and apply it in your life. I know this Church is true, no matter what anyone says and I am proud to be a part of this great work. Have a super awesome week!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

Pictures: Lol one Pday hermana Rojas and I looked just super great and it's like, how old are you? Do you know how to dress yourselves? haha and the other is when we made rice krispie treats. (Thanks Dad and Mom for sending the recipe).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment