Sunday, February 21, 2016

Chapter 20 - Sorry, it's late this week!

Hi Everyone!

Hi, sorry that this letter is so late and on a Wednesday night...we went to Guayaquil on Monday for a Sister's conference and then stayed there on Tuesday as well because my companion is a rockstar and is a sister leader (as well as a mission nurse....) and she had a leaders conference on Tuesday. I obviously didn't go to the leadership conference because I am not a leader but I got to work for the day in my old sector in Florida instead! I was with some other sisters and it was pretty fun.







There are so many things to write about. I realized that my letters are a lot better if I take a post it note and write down things that I want to say in my letters during the week. A few random things first:

1. Some members came with us the other day on visits and one of the members was this older man who reminds me of my grandpa Roylance and it was just a really great day. He is so great and really helped us a lot in our lessons. The thing about lessons with members is that sometimes I feel like It's really hard or something to coordinate everything and have members to come with us, but really it's not hard-it's a phone call. And they really add a lot to our lessons. There are things that they say that I would have never been able to say, so basically if you ever get the chance to accompany the missionaries, do it! You have your own experiences and you say things that the investigators and other members really need to hear. Don't dobt the role you play.

2. I drank avacado juice this week. I don't like avacado that much and I know what you're thinking because I was thinking the same thing-ew that sounds awful, but it was like a smoothie which probably sounds worse, but it was SO good. haha

3. I made French toast this week for all of my Latina companios and they loved it! I also really enjoyed it (yes, family, I actually have come to love breakfast)

4. Sometimes Spanish is still hard and one day this week we were teaching a lesson and the word for Atonement and the word for spy are very similar and so I asked if they knew what the Atonement was and our little investigator, who is a little 9 yr old responded and I didn't understand his answer but then they just all started laughing because he was like uh, is it someone who is a spy? haha I didn't realize until after but it was pretty funny. I had a moment like in the movie the best 2 yrs when he says something like I also know Joseph Smith was a pamphlet....haha good times with other languages....

So we had a world wide missionary conference this week on Wednesday and it was really good. One thing that I really loved that they said was that we should always have the name of Christ on our lips, meaning that we should be ready in any moment and in any place to bear witness of Christ. We made a promise with the Lord when we were baptized that we would be witnesses of Him and therefore we should be willing and ready to testify of Him in whatever situation we may be in. 

So, more than anything, I want to share an experience I had this week that really strengthened my testimony concerning the priesthood. So we were on the bus going to an appointment and everything was fine but as we were nearing the place where we needed to get off, my companion just kind of laid her head on my shoulder and started to cry and I could see in her face that she was not okay, like was about to pass out and she couldn't really talk, all I heard was to call the sister that we were going to visit so I called her and in this moment I feel like all my Spanish that I knew went out of my brain and somehow was able to communicate that I just needed her to come, and to come quick. We got off the bus and walked to her house and the whole way I am just praying because I have no idea what is happening to my companion and I have no idea what to do and I am just walking and praying and we get to her house and sit my companion down and we are helping her try and stay awake and I called my zone leaders and they came and when they came they gave her a blessing. In that moment, I was so grateful for the power of the priesthood. After the blessing was over, it wasn't immediate, but after about five minutes she was able to sit up and talk which was like 100 percent opposite of how she was before. The priesthood is real. It is truly the power of God given to men on the earth to act in His name. I know it is real and I am so grateful for all the worthy men that I know who hold this sacred power. 

I'm sorry that this was so long but I hope you all have a good week!Thank you for all the prayers and support!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment