Sunday, February 21, 2016

Chapter 21 - Yay for Baptism!

Hi everyone,

So this letter isn't going to be super long because I wrote like half way though the week last week but yeah, some pretty great things happened this week. So, to start off, this week my companion completed one year in the mission! Obviously we needed to celebrate, so we ordered pizza (yes, we can do that here) and they brought it to our house and we ate it after our nightly planning and it was so good!

 She is seriously the best. There is so much I learn from her every day. I feel like she always has answers for people and it just blows me away. We will be sitting in a lesson and the person will say something and I'm like, wow, I don't know how to respond to this or I don't know what to say to try and help you...but Hermana Gonzlaes know! She is so intune to the spirit and knows lots of good scriptures to use. That is one of my goals. I want to increase my knowledge of the scriptures so that I can be ready with one to share in whatever circumstance I am in.

So, our investigators are doing really well and we are working with them, but we also need to keep looking for people. We can't be content to just work with the people we are teaching right now, we need to look for new peole and keep asking for references. We received a couple of references last week and we went to go contact them and wow, there were some really good people that we meet but they have like really big desafios (challenges, like law of chastity or word of wisdom) and so its like AHH we found some super great people that are accepting but have other things that we have to work out but this is how missionary work is. It wouldn't be missionary work if no one had any problems or things to work on. This life is not easy and everyone has their own problems and weaknesses and we are here to help these people overcome those obstacles and help them come unto Christ.

Baptism! Yay, ok so our baptism was soo great this week. Diana and her daughter Maholy were baptized and honestly, I gained a new perspective on baptism that I didn't have before.

Diana has been through a lot in her life but she has truly utilized the Atonement to help her overcome these things and finally enter into the waters of baptism and start a new life. With other baptisms, I usually would just sit and watch the baptism from a chair or something like everyone else, but this time we went and stood at the side of the font and got to watch from that angle and wow, it was so different. I could really see in their faces, the joy and love that they felt. I feel so blessed to be a missionary here and to have meet the people that I have met. They are such great people and I love helping them come unto Christ. I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, that He lives, and that he truly loves us. I know that this church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Read it. Learn from it. There are so many things we can learn from it. I love you guys!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment