Monday, November 16, 2015

Chapter 10 - Another Week Down

Cool Parrot Statue
 
Hi everyone,

Things have been good here in the mission, a little slow, but still good. It's hard work, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

So this week there was a big soccer game going between Ecuador and Uruguay on Thursday and it was so fun to see everyone around town in their jerseys. Soccer is so big here, because hello, South America, but it was so cool to see. Also, usually there are a lot of people in the streets when we're walking around, but on Thursday, there was no one...the streets were so empty...haha thats how big soccer is here. haha everyone was watching the game. And Ecuador won 2-1 so that was exciting too!

So, on Thursday, the day of the game, when everyone was watching their TVs, we were headed to an appointment with one of our investigators and when we were going up to the house, we heard the game on and I thought, "why are we here, there is no way he is going to stop watching the game and listen to us..."  but as we knocked on the door, he was so happy to see us and willingly left the game and we had a great lesson and the spirit was so strong. I was amazed and also really humbled. God humbles me so much here on my mission. Sometimes my faith isn't as great as it needs to be but the Lord loves me enough to show me that all things are possible through Him. The Lord loves each of us so much and when our faith waivers, just keep going and He will show you the way. When that thought of doubt came into my mind, I just thought, ok, I don't know how this is going to go, but even if he doesn't want to listen, we have done our part. And the Lord blessed us with a wonderful opportunity to teach and I am so grateful for that.

Also, I have learned that God is in the little things. During one of our lessons, I had this thought to ask our investigator what he expected from our visits but I didn't know the word for expect. My bag was on my lap with my diccionary within reach and I opened the dictionary to a random page and the word I need was right there..on the page..at the top. I was so thankful for that small but significant miracle. There are so many other times too, where I am just so aware of His hand in my life. It is through the small things that great things are brought to pass. I invite you all to look for the little tender mercies of the Lord in your life and you will start to see how much the Lord really does love you.

Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

P.S.
Here is a picture of my first baptismal service and the other is a picture of one of the girls in a recent convert family...she is so cute!

The apartment. Nothing fancy, but it's a bed!
Getting ready for Christmas - just a little early.
All the comforts of home!
Even Quizno's!

No comments:

Post a Comment