Monday, November 23, 2015

Chapter 11 - ¡Feliz Navidad!

Hi everyone,
 
¡Feliz Navidad! So I know we still have a month until Christmas but we had our Christmas conference with the whole mission this week and so I've been thinking a lot about it and this time of year!
 
 It was so much fun to see all the missionaries in my mission and to see the Hermanas from my district in the CCM. I love them so much so it was fun to talk with them and see how things are going for them. I sang in the choir as well, so that was fun. We started the conference with some words from Presidente and Hermana Dennis and then watched the movie about Joseph Smith and the Restauration. I love this movie. I think it's one of my favorite church movies. It is so powerful and is such a strong witness that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God and did, in reality, restore the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth. We watched this movie in the CCM as well and both times I've watched it on my mission, I have felt the spirit so strong. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God...Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios. I just felt this overwhelming sense of love for my Heavenly Father while watching it. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary and to labor in this work. Joseph Smith endured trials and afflictions of all kinds but he never gave up because he knew the truth. The things in this life that are of the most worth and never easy to accomplish. The Savior suffered so much for us. The prophets and apostles and really every member of the church experiences some sort of persecution. Why? Because it's true. We cannot know the joy if we do not know the sorrow. This week on Friday I was having a hard time and was feeling discouraged and beaten down, but God blessed me with a great companion who helped me through this difficult time. I thought of the Savior and Elder Holland's words about how it was never easy for the Savior and so how could we ever expect it to be easy for us? This life is not easy and we will experience many hardships and trials but never forget in whom you have trusted. I invite you to put your trust in God. He has a plan for each of His children and he will never leave you to go through this life alone. Pray to Him, He is listening. This month we have Thanksgiving in the US and even though there isn't Thanksgiving here, I have thought a lot about what I am thankful for. Every night with my companion we write 3 things we were grateful for that day and it really helps me see the hand of the Lord in my life. I am so thankful for my family and friends and the Gospel. I am infinitely grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the Atonement. This chruch is true. Christ loves each and every one of us. Take time this month to really focus on what you are grateful for. Take time this Christmas season to remember HIM. 

Have a great week! Thank you for all the love and support!

Love,
Hermana Roylance

Pictures
Merry Christmas from Hermana Phippen, Hermana Parker, and I. No this was not planned.....I guess when you're companions in the CCM for 6 weeks you have this bond and just show up to the Christmas Conference wearing the exact same outfit....haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment