Monday, November 30, 2015

Chapter 12 - Transfers

Hi Everybody,

So before I talk about transfers, I want to tell you about some other things first. I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good. Here, we also had a mini Thanksgiving of sorts. Since I am the only gringa in my house they told me I had to conduct. Haha we had patacones (fried plantanes...so good) and bread with nutella. I couldn't have asked for anything else. We ate and went around in a circle and said what we were grateful for. It was so good and so fun. We also had a picinic last pday in our house which was an adventure too. Good times.
So first, intercambios. On Wednesday I had an intercambio (I can't remember what it's called in English....) and one of the sister leaders came to my sector and worked with my while my companion went to be with her companion. yeah. It was really good. I was kind of nervous because our sector is huge and like they don't really have addresses in the lomas and I'm used to just getting off the bus when my companion stands up and I just follow like a loyal puppy or something but that day I had to know where I was going and it was kinda scary but overall it went well. I was a little bit worried about being the one to start the lessons and talk more than I'm used to but the Lord truly helps us when we need it and it all went smoothly. The sister leader helped me a lot. She is such a hard worker and by the end of that day I was soo tired. But all is well.
Transfers! Wow this time in the mission has felt so long but so short at the same time. We had transfers today and I got transferred...kind of. I'm still int he same ward and a little bit of the same place but I am now in a trio with the Hermanas that I live with and my companion got transfered. Wow. It was a rough night last night. So my companion has been in the mission field for ten months and she's been in the same sector and same zone for her whole mission...yeah...and so last night when we got the call, it was really hard for her. She is such a great missionary and I know this is hard but I know she is needed in other places and needs to help other missionaries and members in other places. Being in a trio will be strange but it will be good. We will only be in a trio until December 18 because Hermana Vera extended her mission and so instead of leaving tomorrow she leaves December 18 and so yeah. New things ahead.
I hope you all are having a great week. Enjoy some of that snow for me!
Love,
Hermana Roylance


 Thanksgiving Feast


No comments:

Post a Comment