Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chapter 71 - Downpour

1/23/2017
Hey everyone!

Not too much to write about this week. On friday there was literally a downpour and I attached a picture of Hermana Tirrell and I in our rain jackets ready to preach the gospel. 
We all went out in ponchos and jackets and we went out for like two hours and then had to come back because we were literally soaked to the bone.....but it was okay. We were all praying that it didn't rain on Sunday because if it had rained, a lot of people wouldn't have come to church BUT the Lord answers prayers and it didn't rain! And people came to church and it was all good. The family that I told you about last week, the one that contacted us, went to church! There names are Ricardo, Katherine, Dileydi (8) and Jesus (2). They are so great and willing to hear the gospel. We are going to extend a baptismal date to them this week so pray for them! There are a lot of people here in Jaramijo and I just want to baptize them all! Because the time is going by way fast and I just want to help as many people as I can. Ah, these people need to come to church. Poco a poco. Little by little. Also there is another lady Paulita that has a baptismal date for the 4th and she's really great. Also a guy named Jefferson that's 22 and wants to change his life, he's great and pray for him too. Ah, really there's a lot to do here and I need to just get lost in the work. Something that an hermana said in relief society yesterday really hit me. She was like yesterday is history and it's something we can learn from, tomorrow holds things only God knows but we have to today to work with and we need to make the best of it. Her point was that we have to stop worrying about the past because it's over, we need to move on. We can't worry and dwell on the future because we don't know what God will put in our path, it's unpredictable. We only have today and we need to make the most out of today. I really like it and it helped me refocus on my purpose. I need to focus on the right here and the right now. Well, this is not very long but I hope you all have the best week!


No comments:

Post a Comment