Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chapter 78 - 18 Months

March 13, 2017

Hey Everyone!
18 Months Completed for Sister Tirrell and I

Well, here we are. This past week I completed 18 months in the service of the Lord and I couldn't be more happy. This time has gone by really fast and there are mixed feelings with it coming to an end. This is the last letter I will be writing as a missionary and I just wanted to leave you all with my testimony.

I know with all of my heart that God loves each and every one of His children. I know Jesus Christ is the son of God. He lives and He loves us more than we know. He came here to earth to complete the will of His father and thanks to Him we can return to the Father's presence. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in it's fullness here upon the earth. I have no doubt of that. This is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I have studied and I have prayed and I know with even more surity than before that we have all the teaching of Jesus Christ. Everything we do in the church is true and is what is going to lead us eventually to salvation. I know that obedience is the first law of heaven and that we must be obedient if we want to one day return to live with our Father, His son Jesus Christ, and our families. I know that families can be together forever thanks to the priesthood power that was restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I know Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God. I know that the scriptures are true and that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He called prophets in the past and He has called prophets in our day. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God. I know that He, as well as all the prophets and apostles, receive revelation directly from our Heavenly Father-He leads this chruch through these chosen men. This is not a church that was created by man, nor is goverened by worldly theories or doctrines but rather is a church, and the only church for that matter, that is governed by God. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that it was written for our day and that if we read it carefully, we will understand our purpose here on earth and we will know what we need to do to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father one day. I know The Book of Mormon helps us draw closer to God and testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that the priesthood power has been restored to the earth and that it is truly the power of God that is given to men to act in His name here on the earth to be able to carry out His work. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is the Lord's work. He could do this work alone, but He loves us enough that He allows us to take part in this marvelous cause. I know that I was called here for a reason. I know that these people I have met, whether they received me or not, were put in my path for a reason. God has an eternal plan. His plan is perfect. Each and every one of us has a purpose here on earth and our Heavenly Father wants us to retrun to Him. I know that God loves us. I know that He is loving and merciful and is always there when we need him. He is perfect, as well as His son Jesus Christ, and I know that they want us to become like them. I know Jesus Christ died for us and that through His atonement we can return to live with Him. I know that only through the Atonement is it possible to be forgiven and to change. I know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us. Christ understands our pains and our trials. I know that God hears our prayers and He answers them. Maybe not in our timing or according to what we want, but He always answers them. I know our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles-I have seen them. I know that missionary work is very important. I also know that the only way to return to live with God is through baptism. There is no other way. We must follow the example of Jesus Christ-we must do as He did. I know He lives. I know He loves us. And these things I say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Hermana Roylance
Eating Watermelon on our 18 month mark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment