Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chapter 74 - Si no hay pruebas, no hay progreso

2/13/2017
Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a good week! Also, I wish you a Happy Valentines Day tomorrow! My valentines are a peruvian and a bolivian haha I love my companions! This week was a good week. It didn't rain like all week which was good BUT on Sunday it rained like CRAZY and there were not a lot of people in church. wow. It rains a ton here. I think it rains like probably just as much as in Utah but the difference is that I can't just hop in my car and protect myself from the rain...I have to just walk right on throught it, with the rest of the members and investigators and so it's a little more complicated. Before the mission it was like oh, how great, rainy weather, I'm gonna just sit here curled up in a blanket and watch a movie...now it's like oh no, it's raining cats and dogs and I have to go out and try to convince people to let me into their house to share a message about Jesus Christ....I don't know if you get my picture but it's just a little different now...haha but it's all good.}

The title of my message "Si no hay pruebas, no hay progreso" means "If there are no trials, there is no progress" I think I have mentioned this before in an email but I was just thinking about it the other day and it just really rang true to me. This is somehting that President Dennis would say and it is so true. Sometimes I tend to think Ah, why are there so many challenges! When you're a missionary you turn into like a professional problem solver and it's not easy sometimes. And I was just thinking Ah.....there are so many good people here, why are there so many trials!? And then it hit me. It's because no one is ever going to have an easy conversion. The word itslef denotes a change. To convert from something old or someone you were before to someone new. These people are changing, leaving behind their old ways of life and taking on something totally new and if you want to acheive a true change, it takes a great effort. You can't keep doing the same things and expect to receive different answers. If you want a different result, you have to do something different. And that's what each of these people are doing. No convert is ever going to have a problem-free conversion. Sometimes as missionaries we just think that they will read and pray and go to church without any problems and then sometimes get all stressed out when there are set backs but we have to understand and that's just how it is. We are actually helping these people. When they have these hard times and then turn to the Lord, they are building their faith and becoming truly converted. It's the same with us. The trials we have ony shape us into who the Lord wants us to be or become. It's called the "refining fire" because it's hot and it's hard and we feel the pressure sometimes when we are trying to change but it's necessary because if we don't go through that, there is litterally no way we can change. Anyway, I was just thinking about that the other day. We have found some good families and I know that because they are soo good, Satan is going to work hard, but we are going to work harder. The mission is hard sometimes because it is literally a constant battle but in the end we will end up triumphant.

Keep up the good work.

Love,
Hermana Roylance

No comments:

Post a Comment