Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 26 - Investiggador de Oro

3/7/2016
This week started out with me being stuck in the house for a couple days with my sick companion. My companion got Dengue....poor thing. Needless to say, I read a lot those two days...haha we didn't leave Monday or Tuesday but it's all good now and she feels better so we are back hitting the streets looking for people to teach.

The title means Golden Investigator. Ah, this week we had a baptism of a young man named Johnny and he literally is the definition of golden investigator. The Lord's plan is perfect and every day I am just amazed at how aware he is of us and how often His hand can be seen in our lives. Anyway, one night we were walking around and thinking, ok what do we do next because our appointments fell through and there's no one to visit. Well, Hermana Gonzales said that we should go to the church  because every Thursday in the church the members get together and play soccer and is basically like a ward family night and so anyways we went and just thought we might as well see if there is anything we can do to help or if there were any new people there that we might be able to teach. We went and this one girl in the ward came up to us and was like Hey! I have a friend who wants to be baptized...A little taken aback, but thrilled nonetheless, we set up an appointment to meet him the next day. He was so receptive and accepted everything we taught. He had meet with missionaries before but didn't progress. Now, however, he was ready to accept and follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. He went up in sacrament meeting yesterday and bore his testimony and it was so powerful. He loves learning about the church and reading the Book of Mormon. With his testimony, I know he is going to be a great missionary. I know there are people who are ready and I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to teach him the restored gospel. 

Sometimes it's really easy to get discouraged when people don't progress, but I know that there is a time for everything and for everyone. We found a really great family the other day and I am so excited to teach them. Again, we were in the same predicament as we were the night we found Johnny, walking around contacting because our appointments fell through. Anyway, we walked by this one family and I was in my own little world not really focusing and my companion was like Hey, why didn't we contact that family? And I was like, oh, I don´t know, I need to focus... Anyway, we walked up to a house of a less active and as we were walking to the door, I saw a family that was out talking a walk and I just felt like we should go talk to them. I didn't care if the less actives were home or not, I knew we needed to talk to this family! Anyway, we went over and talked to them and set up an appointment. We met with them this week and they are soooo great! It's the Macias Family and it's a mom and a dad and their three kids and they are so kind and receptive. I am excited to see their progress and work with them. Another gift from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment