Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 29 - Press Forward with Faith

4/4/2016
I hope you all watched conference and loved it! I don't know why but I just felt an overwhelming love for my family during it. I love my family! Conference was so inspired and I look forward to re-reading the messages (in English...). I hope you all got something out of it, an answer specifically for you or just heard words that gave you comfort. Study the words of the prophets because they are literally the words of God, the words that He would have us hear.


So I have learned a lot this week. On Tuesday, we had a really good zone meeting and I left the meeting feeling very uplifted and inspired. I had more determination to work hard and to simply do everything possible to magnify my calling. As we all know, and actually was stated in conference, whenever we have spiritual highs, difficulties often follow. These past few weeks a lot has happened and it has really been trying my faith. There were two ocasions where I felt a strong spiritual impression to talk to certain people so we went and contacted them and then taught them the first lesson but when we returned, they told us they weren't really interested. This made me kind of sad because I could see their potential and I know how much the gospel can bless their lives, but now isn't the right time for them. This is hard sometimes because we want so bad that they progress, but it is not in our timing, it is in the Lord's. I know that with these people, we were the ones planting the seeds and that missionaries in the future will reap the rewards, just like I am reaping the rewards of missionaries in the past. All we have to do is PRESS FORWARD WITH FAITH. A few other things happened where it seemed that me following the promptings of the spirit didn't profit me at all and Satan wanted me to think that following these promptings is a waste of time or he wanted me to doubt these promptings, but at that moment, I knew that it was the adversary trying to discourage me. I know without a doubt that following the promptings of the spirit is always the right decision. Sometimes Satan tries to get us to think otherwise, but God is more powerful than the adversary, and we are His servants, we have His power, and we are called to do His work. I am so grateful for the chance to be a missionary and I want to thank you all for your love and support. I can truly feel your influence in my life. Have a great week!
P.S. My Grandma Passey is famous! haha I was just sitting there eating breakfast one day, flipping through the pages of the March Liahona and then BOOM! A picture of my grandma appears in the top right corner of a page! wow! And I was just like HEY, GUYS, LOOK, THIS IS MY GRANDMA!! haha It was way fun and also another reminder that my family loves me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment