Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 39 - It's Not Every Day You Get to Shake an Apostle's Hand

6/13/2016
Wow soo much to say...again..I don't know where to start. Well for one, this week I hit the half way mark! Time is FLYING by and I don't know how to make it stop, I've been told it just goes faster so yeah. Things are good though and I love Portoviejo! This week we went to Guayaquil for a nurses conference and it was super great. Also, we went to this really nice buffet restaurant as nurses with Hermana Dennis and it was sooo good! 






So, as for the title. This week on Saturday, we had a mission-wide conference, actually is was a multi mission conference- Guayaquil North, South, and West. Approx. 600 missionaries in one chapel. It was crazy. And why were we gatherred there? Because Elder Rasband, of the quorum of the 12 apostles came and we had a conference with him. It. was. so. cool. I have never been that close to an apostle before. I was singing in the choir and we were seated in the stand so I was even closer. What an amazing experience. It is the first time in the history of all 3 of our missions that an apostle of the Lord has come and had a conference so it was a pretty historical day. He talked and the spirit could be felt so strong. Before going to the conference, we all read a talk he gave in 2010 called "The divine call of a missionary" and wow it is so good. It talks about how each and every missionary is called to where they need to be for a specific reason and that the apostles know perfectly where to send us. He was telling us that just the other week he was asigning missionaries to their missions and he assigned one to Russia and then kept going on with the other missionaries and then said "wait, we need to go back" and they went back and he said that that missionary actually needed to go to Turkey and he said the spirit was so strong and he knew where this missionary needed to go. He talked about so many things and I don't have time to write about them all but I just want to say being in the presence of one of the apostles of the Lord is an extraordinary experience. Before the conference started, each and every one of us got to shake Elder Rasband's hand. What an experience. I still have the picture of his face in my mind as I shook his hand. What a blessing it truly was.

Earlier today, Elder Rasband came to Portoviejo to meet with us and it was also such an amazing experience. He came and talked to all the people here and the spirit was overwhelmingly strong. To hear an apostle bear witness of the savior is something so powerful and you cannot deny the spirit that is there. Afterwards, we all got the chance to shake his hand...and so for me it was the second time I got to shake his hand. This is an experience very special to me and one that I will never forget. I mean, it's not every day that you get to shake an apostle's hand...twice..

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment