Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 42 - The Land Bountiful

7/4/2016
 
Hey everyone, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! I may be in Ecuador but I have not forgotten about America. haha In our house there are 3 north americans and one Bolivian, Hermana Gonzales my old companion, and so you can bet we all (including Hermana Gonzales) all dressed in red, white, and blue. As you all know, I lost my camera but my companion sent a picture to my mom so maybe somehow you can all see it on like FB or something.

Ok so last week I wasn't feeling too excited to come back to Florida but this week has changed all that. I got here and there are seriously so many people to work with. I was really surprized. I feel like when I was here before it was like a desert and there just weren't that many people but suddenly I got here and it like turned into the land Bountiful. There are lots of people here who can progress and we just need to be organized and use our time wisely and help them all. I have frequently thought of the quote Where much is given, much is required. This is so true. We have been given much and now much is required but I know we can do it with the help of the Lord. 

I also want to share an experience we had this week while teaching an investigator. These investigators were references from a lady who returned from her mission 20 years ago and she was accompanying us and we were talking after and my companion asked her if her mission changed her life. Her response was no. I was a little surprized because like you always hear how the mission is the best 2 year or 18 months and everyone just loves their mission so I wasn't really expecting that but it made me think. After she said no she said that she had been a faithful member and really dedicated to the church and so the msision didn't really change her life and I'm just sitting there like Um I've been a member my whole life and the mission has changed me completely...I don't know how someone can go out on a mission and preach the gospel and come back the same person. I think it's impossible. It's impossible because we are so focused on other people and learning more about the gospel that it is inevitable that we change. Missions are so goooodddd and I reccommend them to all. I have learned so much and I am excited to keep learning. I hope you all had a great week and enjoy this holiday with your families!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment