Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 35 - We Believe in Christ

5/16/2016
I hope you had a good week. This week was really good for me. We didn't have the best numbers or the most time to work, but I certainly learned a lot. I am really trying to be a better missionary and trying to have more charity for these people. We had a sisters conference this week and we talked about how developing charity is one of the most important things we need to do because if we can do that, we will be able to develop more christlike attributes. Sometimes I feel like I lack charity and I just really have to pray and ask the Lord to help me have it and I know He will help me. I am trying really hard to be a better missionary because there are so many things that I lack. Shelby told me this quote that her bishop said in church the other day that someone told him and it was like 

Be the missionary that your mom thinks you are.

And I was like yes. I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I'm a better missionary than I actually am so I am gonna strive to live up to that standard. It's not easy, the mission, but I know it is such a unique experience and I have the chance to learn so much here.

As for the title, the other day we were teaching this investigator and we had only taught the restoration and about the Book of Mormon and there was a point when she said...I just don't understand why you guys don't really talk about Jesus Christ that much........I just stopped and I was like. Ok...obviously I have not done my job as a missionary because we certainly belive in Jesus Christ and know that he is the center of God's plan. I then testified about how the Book of Mormon is ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST and then shared the scripture that says we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment