Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 37 - We're Back

5/30/2016
I hope you all had a really good week. I know school is coming to an end and that must be super stressful and also exciting. So I want to tell you how my monday night went.

*In the middle of my nightly prayer....RING RING RING (it was the cell phone)...oh my, who is calling at 10:30 at night?? It was the Asistants...*

Asistants: Hi Hermana Roylance, so I have a surpise for you.

Me: ok, what is it?

Asistants: You are traveling tomorrow.

Me: ok, where?

Asistants: Portoviejo.....

Me: What? Are you serious?!

Ahhh!! I am back in Portoviejo and I am so happy about it! This whole week we were the only sisters in our house (usually there are 4 of us) and it was really weird. (my companion makes the comment that this is how it will be when we get married and just live with our husbands...wierd) anyway, this week we went to our zone meeting and there are 8 of us in total. 6 elders and us 2 sisters. There are the other 2 sisters coming today though. 

We have just been visiting everyone and asking for references and and contacting them and we have found some really really great people. I am really excited to work with them. We found some less actives that are ready to come back to church and they have kids who are of the age of accountability, so like 8 or older, and so we are working so they can get baptized, it's super great! Overall, it was a pretty good week and I'm looking forward to working here again. I know it won't be the same, but I know that we have a very important work to do here.

Also, let's just talk about that moment this week when the Young Women president calls you to come share a message during mutual so you go and then are sitting there afterwards waiting for the refreshment and the 1st counselor in the bishopric comes up to you and askes you to give a talk in sacrament meeting.....Yeah so I gave a talk in sacrament meeting, which I'm sure all other missionaries probably do all the time, but it was my first time and I was kind of nervous...because, well, my Spanish and everything, but it turned out okay. I talked about how we have the gift of the holy ghost and how it's a guide, protector, and comforter and yeah. Anyway, my point is that if you are asked to give a talk, don't complain and just take advantage of the opportunity to learn and share your testimony......also remember that you're speaking your own language.......haha

Anyway, hope everything is going well and I hope you all enjoy the last weeks of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment