Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 36 - I think I blinked

5/23/2016

 
So I basically feel like I blink and the week is over. TIME IS FLYING. Like where did the week go? Anyway this week was good, we found two new investigators that are really interested in the gospel. Every time I leave a lesson with them, I am just filled with so much love which makes me really happy because lately I have been trying to figure out how I can have more love for the people and I feel like the Lord answered my question that day. I was feeling kind of down because I feel like I lacked that Christ-like love but then I prayed one night and literally the next day we found this lady and her friend. I know they were being prepared by the hand of the Lord and I know that we are here at this time to help them. I realized that I find so much more joy in the work when we are teaching people who are progressing and really developing a testimony of the gospel. This then made me realize that if I really want to be able to say that these were the best 18 months of my life, I need to work hard and sift through the people in order to find the people who are really prepared.

Also we had a mission wide conference this week with Elder Godoy, who is an area 70 and wow, it was so good! He was so inspired and I really learned a lot from what he said, and it wasn't just his words that hit me, but also the thoughts that came to my mind when I was listening. One of the thoughts that came to my mind was that if I really do want to enjoy this work, I need to find joy in the little moments. I need to find joy in simply sharing the gospel and having the opportunity to bear testimony. I need to stop setting up expectations on how I think my mission should be and just enjoy where I am now. We always hear that comparing ourselves to others just makes us feel down and it's so true. We need to find joy in our own accomplishments and love the life we are living right now. It's not always easy, and in fact, it's really hard sometimes because that's what we natually do I think, but I know it's possible. Enjoy the little things and have a super great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment