Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 27 - 6 months!

3/14/2016
So this past week I completed 6 months in the mission...and I have no idea where the time went. It has gone so fast but I have learned so much. Here is a little summary of some interesting things that happened this week:
1. When we were leaving our zone meeting last week, that taxi with all of my companions almost left without me..like it was driving away with the door open and everything haha but it all worked out and it stopped a little ways down the road..crazy taxi drivers..
2. One of our less actives has a part in their back yard that has like 6 hammocks and so we taught two lessons this week in hammocks..that was fun.
3. The other day the bishop invited us to his house for dinner and so we went and it was all sorts of meat and one of the meats was some weird part of a cow that I'm still not really sure what it was...but I ate it..I think it's better that I don't know...
4. To celebrate my 6 months we went and bought salchipapas which is basically french fries with hot dog and this special sauce and it's super good! So yeah we had a little celebration. I'll try to put some pictues on.

Ok now for the spiritual things.. So this week we went and visited the Macias family and wow. it was one of the best lessons we've had in a while. We watched the Joseph Smith movie about the restoration and I seriously love that movie. I think I've said that before but it's true. Every time I watch it I almost cry...It really is such a powerful representation of the restoration of the true church here on the earth. Anyway, we watched it and when we finished we were talking and I was sitting there like trying not to cry and when it was my turn to speak I just bore a simple testimony of how I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that I knew the Lord had placed them in our path for a reason and yes I was crying...and it was such a powerful moment. The mom was crying and you could feel the spirit witnessing to them that there was a reason we were there. This sunday they didn't come to church because the mom Carmen, it was her birthday so we were a little bummed because it's been two weeks and they haven't come to church but I have faith. I KNOW they are a family that is prepared and we just need to help them come to know of the love God has for them. Satan also knows how good they are and will try to do everything he can to make it so they don't progress, but Satan has no power. God is all powerful and if we do what we are supposed to, we have every right to have that power to be with us. Pray for them! oh, and us, please pray for us too.

Another spiritual thought. Yesterday we were sitting in Sacrament meeting and we were listening to a young single adult speaker and something she said really struck me. She was talking about how sometimes in the church we are asked to do things and we feel inadaquate or we don't want to or something and make up an excuse about how we can't or we're busy but we should trust in our capabilities. The Lord trusts us and we should trust ourselves. We are not inadaquate. I am only a 19 yr old girl and there are probably many other people who know a lot more about the bible or the gospel than me and yeah, sometimes I feel inadequate but I know I have authority. I know that each missionary is called of God to do this work and I know every memeber of the church has the resources necessary to carry out whatever task is laid before them. Remember, the Lord does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called.

No comments:

Post a Comment