Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 56 - Do You Believe in Miracles? Because I do!

10/10/2016
How was everyone's week? I hope it went well. Today I want to share a really neat experience we had on Saturday night. It was funny because that day I was thinking "what am I going to write to my family? I don't feel like anything too big has happened....." and then boom.....miracle. So, on Saturday night we were just walking and trying to find some old contacts we had made, really just trying to find everyone because like all our appointments had fallen through. Anyway, so we are walking down this street when we hear "Hermanas!" We turn around and see these two guys. One of them looked like they had a Book of Mormon in their hands and I actully thought it was this guy from our ward but was confused because the guy didn't live anywhere close to where we were but regardless we went over and talked to them. The man explained that he was a member from The Orchidias ward and that his daughter had recently moved and lived in our sector. He told us that she was a member but that her husband wasn't and that he was receiving the missionaries where they used to live and that he was actually prepared to be baptized.....I just kind of stood there like wow....I couldn't believe it. God was giving a golden opportunity-He was giving us a miracle. Anyway, he gave us their numbers and showed us where there house was and later that night we went and talked with them! Wow! They are so great. Their names are Michelle and Kevin and they are so so so good. They aren't married so we're gonna have to work with that but I know there's nothing impossible for the Lord. He gave us the perfect job but he left it unfinished so that we could come in and help this wonderful son of God make a covenant with his Father in Heaven. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and I feel so full of joy. I know that God's timing is perfect. His plan is perfect. I know all of our appointments fell through exactly so that we would be in that place at that time. God does not make mistakes, He also doesn't send us on wild goose chases..there's always a purpose. We are always where we need to be when we need to be there. Anyway, I know that the Lord loves each and every one of us and that He wants for us to be happy and to share this message of happiness with those around us. Share the gospel with everyone and I know you will find the same eternal joy! Have the best week!
P.S. We got our hair cut today....by our investigator....haha her name is Flor Maria Rivas and she is so cute. Here's a  picture. Here's part of the process (me with my head flipped over) and also her daughter, who is a member wanted to straighten my hair. haha I'll have you know it only stayed like that for like 2 hours because it's really hot and I put it up in a ponytail haha


No comments:

Post a Comment