Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 33 - Going with the flow

5/2/2016
So this won't be very long, but I hope you all had a good week and are enjoying this time of year. School is almost out but here the kids are getting ready to go back to school so it's kind of weird but yeah.

It's still hot here so that's not new but just about everything else is. So life is full of changes and the mission is no different, but now more than ever we have had to learn how to adapt to changes and just go with the flow. We had a mission conference this week and President Dennis talked to us and basically just told us how we need to work in these zones as if they were our original zones. We need to forget about ourselves and go to work. We can't just sit here and complain about how we want to be in our old zones, no, we need to work and labor just as though we were in our old areas. If we don't, we will be denying so many people an opportunity to hear this wonderful message about the restored gospel. This is a very unique time becacuse the hearts of many are a lot more open and willing to hear our message. It does make me sad though when people still don't want to listen. It's like CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE ARE NOT OBEDIENT?! God will send earthquakes! These things are written in the scriptures and will sure come to pass, they are coming to pass and I know feel like what it says in the scriptures about wanting to preach the gospel with the "sound of a trumpet" My testimony has grown so much on so many different levels and about so many different things. I know there are many people here who need this message and I am more than willing to go out and find them! I know we have got to work harder than ever because we have a very unique opportunity on our hands. I want to thank you all for your love and support and prayers for me and for the people of Ecuador! Have a great week! oh and count your blessings!
 
P.S. I am super excited because tomorrow we get to go to Portoviejo and do service and retreive our things so that should be really good! I'll let you know how it goes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment