Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 40 - Feliz Dia Papa!

6/20/2016


I hope all you dads out there had a great fathers day! ¡Feliz Dìa Papà! Yesterday was a good day, a little hard to visit people on Father's Day, but overall still a good day! Something that the 1st counselor in the bishopric shared in sacrament meeting on Sunday was the scripture in 1 Nephi 1:1 that says "I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father..." And he was just talking about how he too had been born of goodly parents who had taught him all about the gospel and how grateful he was for them. I too, Hermana Roylance, was born of goodly parents who taught me the truth and helped me gain a testimony of this great gospel. Thanks to them, I am here and helping others create eternal families! I love my parents so much! Special shoutout to my dad also! He is the best! You all too, have been born of goodly parents, give them a call, go visit them, tell them how much you love them!

On another note....the time is going by super fast! I swear I blink and it's Monday again... We were really busy this week with nursing but we were definately able to see the Lord's hand in the work. Our time was very limited because we had to go to the cyber a lot for different nursing things, but we were still able to get a lot of work done. To me, this is a great tender mercy of the Lord. We have a baptism this week and there are a lot of people here who are progressing and I think "How? We haven't had any time to visit anyone." But the Lord works in mysterious ways and He provided us the time to accomplish the things we need to do. I know that if we look for the Lord's hand in our lives, we will find it because it's always there. I feel like the Lord is blessing me and my companion so much and I am so grateful for that. For example, on the days we had to write weekly reports for nursing, we ended up with a lot of lessons, giving that we only had a limited time to work. Sometimes there are days when we have the whole day to work and we end up with 3 or 4 lessons and so you would think that with less time we would have even fewer lessons but it was the opposite. The Lord helped us use our time wisely and helped us find the people we needed to visit in the exact hour that they were home. I know that the Lord blesses us in more ways than we know and that we need to constantly give thanks for all that we have. I know that we need to continue to work hard and manage out time wisely so that we can continue to have the success that the Lord, my companion, and I  all want. I know this work is very important and I am grateful to be a part of it.

Also. This is my mission president's last week.....They end their mission this week and it's so weird. We travel to Guayaquil this week to have one last mission-wide conference with them and it's crazy. I think I might cry. I love them so much. They have been so great and I have learned so much from them. It will be different to have a new president but I know he is also called of the Lord and that we will all learn lot from him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment