Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chapter 51 - When in the Service of Your Fellow Beings

9/5/2016
I hope you all had a super great week this week. This week for me was pretty good but I know we still have a lot of work to do. We are looking for new people and searching out the chosen ones. Please pray for Daniel. He's struggling with his testimony but I JUST KNOW that he knows this is true...he just is doubting a little. But we just need to help him. Also I don't know if I told you about Mariana. She's not a member but her husband is. They aren't married so we are trying to get them married so that she can get baptized but it's complicated because she has to do this one thing in order to get custody of her kids and everything and it's just taking a long time but she is sooo good and she has a good testimony but please pray for her. I love her so much. They are so sweet!

Anyway, as to the title. We all know the scripture in Mosiah 2:17 that says that when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God. This is so true. The other day we were visiting this lady, her name is Valeria, and at the end of the lesson we ask if there's anything we can help her with. We always ask people this but they usually just say no but when we asked her, she just kind of looked at us and didn't say anything, and we were like, just say it and she was like, "no, me da vergüenza" (It makes me embarassed) and we were like, no it's fine...Anyway, she's like well I have this bucket of my baby's clothes that I haven't washed yet and maybe you guys could wash them? We were like yes, of course. (oh my, this baby had a lot of clothes....but that's besides the point. service. service is the point) and we were actually really excited to do it because like I said, we always ask if there's anything we can do and they always so no...but not this time! haha She was going to have us just put them in her washing machine (yes, they do have those here, but no they are not like US washers...) but it was honestly just faster to do it by hand so we washed like 30 baby clothes by hand haha it was so good. I loved it because like the scriptures says, we are really serving God and we could definitely feel his love in that moment. I don't know if she will progress, but if she doesn't, I hope she always remembers the service the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints did for her that day. We leave an impact on people and they need our help.

I challenge you all you do an act of service this week. I invited, more than anything, to feel of His love as you do so. I know the Lord has prepared people this week. Look for them. They are all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment